Located in the Piedmont Region of the Carolinas, Charlotte is 2 hours east of the Appalachian Mountains and 3 1/2 hours west of the Atlantic Ocean. New York City is 631 miles to the northeast and Atlanta is 256 miles to the southwest.
Here are some facts about Charlotte :
* Cost of living below the national average
* Nation's number one pro-business attitude (Fortune)
* 286 Fortune 500 firms represented
* 525 airline flights daily
* 12,025 new jobs for 2002
* $15.3 billion in retail sales
* City, County and State AAA bond ratings
* 25,000 seat Coliseum
* The Coca-Cola 600 NASCAR Race (4th largest attended sporting event in the United States)
* Charlotte and the surrounding area are home to 58 NASCAR racing teams.
* Charlotte Motor Speedway
* Carolina Panthers NFL Team
* 2nd largest banking center in US
* 3rd best metro area for business location
* 5th largest urban region
* 6th largest trading area in U.S.
* 6th largest wholesale center in U.S.
* 6th in number of Fortune 500 headquartered companies
* 7th "Best Education in the Biggest Cities" ( Forbes)
* 7th best city for business development
* 7th highest new & expanded business activity
* 7th largest University Research Park
* 8th best city for enterpreneurship
* 14th best place to live
* 19th best real estate market
* 21th most active airport in the country
* 26th largest city
* 28th largest school system
* Some facts and information above were gathered from the Charlotte Chamber of Commerce.